By: Dr C Groenewald M.Tech Hom (UJ)
Holistic healing focuses on addressing the root cause of a disease and not only the symptom itself, using vitamins, minerals, nutritional medicine, diet, exercise and homoeopathy.
The body is an amazing organism, striving continuously towards homeostasis. When homeostasis is threatened, your body will find a way to notify you - in the form of ‘symptoms and signs’.
Each sign and symptom has a root cause, for example: if you drink a headache tablet for a headache, you are addressing the symptom only, leaving the underlying cause untreated. Finding and addressing the cause, will lend itself to a permanent cure.
To further illustrate this point, let us look at weight gain, as an example:
Underlying causes of unchecked weight gain may include:
- Insulin resistance;
- Certain medication;
- Female hormonal issues;
- Cortisol hypersecretion;
- Leaky gut;
- Food sensitivities.
Trying to correct the weight gain (a sign) with various diets and exercise programmes, will not resolve the underlying cause of the weight gain, and often patients may become very disheartened, when strict lifestyle changes yields little to no results. Find the cause, treat the cause and resolve the symptom.
Who can benefit from this approach? EVERYONE, including patients who
- Sinus and hay fever;
- Halitosis (bad breath);
- Unexplained weight gain or loss;
- Anxiety and depression;
- Unseemly facial and body hair;
- Severe PMS or painful periods;
- Amenorrhoea (lack of periods);
- Low libido;
- Constipation or chronic diarrhoea;
- Bloating and flatulence;
- Erectile dysfunction;
- Low immunity and or recurrent infection;
- Asthma and allergies;
- Skin eruptions and itchy skin;
- Heartburn and reflux;
- Hot flushes and irritability;
- Low energy.
How do you start this journey? Contact us for an appointment which involves:
1. A 1-hour consultation with a qualified healthcare practitioner;
2. A complete medical history and health assessment;
3. Follow up consultation to assess your blood work, set up a treatment plan and nutritional plan;
4. Monthly follow up as required.
“The highest ideal of cure is the speedy, gentle and enduring restoration of health by the most trustworthy and least harmful way.” -Samuel Hahnemann-