At Wilna Pretorius Pilates Studio, based in our offices in Hazelwood, Pretoria,
For those of you who don’t know what Pilates is all about and if it is something that you would be interested in, here is some information about Pilates and our Pilates classes.
What is Pilates?
Pilates can play a key role in overall health and fitness. It is a form of exercise that focuses on the individual’s needs in relation to alignment, posture, toning, sport specific training and general health.
The benefits of Pilates include the following:
- Stress relief
- Postural improvement
- Relief of general aches and pain
- Increased endurance
- Improved coordination
- Increased overall strength
- Improved flexibility
- Increased body tone
- Improved performance (sport and work)
- Increased energy levels
Pilates emphasizes correct form while exercising and all the Pilates moves require you to engage virtually your whole body. With so many exercise variations and progressions you may have a hard time getting bored with Pilates.
who can join my pilates classes?
can you join my classes if you have an injury?
how much does pilates cost?
How do I know I am attending classes at a great studio?
Can i do pilates if i am overweight
What do I need to do if I want to start with Pilates classes?
- Postural alignment
- Your ability to isolate in muscle groups without compensating (cheating)
- Your ability to activate your core
- Your understanding of joint movements
- Your mind body connection
- Your ability to breathe correctly while exercising
- Your ability to disassociate in joints
- Your ability to move freely in your shoulder joint without tension
- The stability of your shoulder, hips, knees & spine
- Your weaker, stronger, flexible and inflexible muscle groups
This assessment is not about pointing out all of your faults but rather to gather information on what is needed to get your body to its ultimate balance for efficient movement as well as what is needed to reach your goals.
So, are you ready to get moving? Contact Wilna Pretorius Pilates Studio in Hazelwood to make your appointment. You won’t be disappointed!
Contact person: Wilna Pretorius
Telephone number: 072 722 6696
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org