Do you suffer from heartburn? Acid reflux? If you are part of the 10% of the population with gastroesophageal reflux disease who suffers on a daily basis from this disease, don’t believe that you “just need to live with it”.
Conventional treatment will do more harm than good. By lowering your stomach acid using antacids, you will compromise your digestion, as well as letting bacteria into your digestive tract contained in your food, without the usual acids to destroy them. But by treating it naturally you can be healed!
GERD is when the stomach valve relaxes abnormally and stomach acid comes back up into your oesophagus. The oesophagus gets burned and without your realizing it, lasting damage can be done.
5 CAUSES of GERD are:
- Food sensitivities: Sensitivities inhibits you digestion. Undigested excess food in your stomach can cause acid reflux. Identifying and eliminating these offending foods are the answer to this problem.
- Poor diet: GERD is a modern day disease. Certain foods aggravate, especially alcohol, coffee, caffeine and fried foods. Overindulgence causes weight gain that causes the stomach contents to push up.
- Too little stomach acid: Contrary to popular belief, GERD is often not caused by an overproduction of acid but because of under production and imperfect digestion of your food.
- Stress: A stressed out gut is a sick gut!
- Small intestinal bowel overgrowth SIBO: Imbalances in our gut flora can manifest in various diseases of which one is GERD.