Some of the symptoms include:
- Stuffy/runny nose
- Sore throat
- Body aches and pains
- Post nasal drip
- Blocked/ painful ears
What is the difference between a Cold vs Flu?
Common signs and symptoms of the FLU include:
- KEY: Flu develops rapidly, feels like you have been hit by a bus.
- Fever over 100 F (38 C)
- Aching muscles, especially in your back, arms and legs
- Chills and sweats
- Dry cough
- Fatigue and weakness
- Nasal congestion
The common COLD is a viral infection (more than a 100 viruses can cause the common cold) of your upper respiratory tract — your nose and throat.
- KEY: cold usually develops more slowly, fever is not common.
- runny nose,
- sore throat,
- watery eyes,
- sneezing and congestion
- Possible mild cough due to post nasal drip.
- Feeling like you ill, but not that ill to not perform normal duties
- Exposure to individuals who have a cold/flu
- Influenza Virus (more than 100 strains) and
- Decreased immunity
- Poor diet
- Lack of sleep
- Immuno-defiency virus
- Lack of exercise
- Adrenal fatigue
- To name a few!
- 20-40 minutes low intensity exercise 4-5x per week
- Healthy balanced diet consisting of fruits, vegetables, slow releasing carbs, low-fat protein and dairy
- Daily multivitamin based on food science
- 7-8 hours sleep
- Drinking enough water
- No more that 3- 4 units of alcohol per week
- Vit A, C, E, Zinc + Selenium- your immune booster’s
- Vitatim B 12 and B comp injections
- Prophylactic flu injections
- Natural antiviral medication to combat the viral infection
- Boost the immune system
- Natural antibiotic to prevent secondary bacterial infections
What predisposes one to getting colds and flu?
Causes of decreased immunity:
What can you do to keep yourself healthy?
How can visiting a homoeopath help you?
How can homoeopathy help if you already have a cold or flu?
Colds and flu are caused by the influenza VIRUS, so antibiotics will only be effective if there is a secondary bacterial infection superimposed on the primary viral infection. So how do you treat it? A multi-focal approach:
Book your appoinment here