Seven Lifestyle changes that may help to increase sperm count:
1. Stop smoking. Smoking causes free radicals and increases the toxic load on the body affecting the DNA and health of sperm.
2. Reduce alcohol use.
3. Shake off excess weight. Obesity go hand in hand with insulin resistance and inflammation, both directly affecting the sperm.
4. Take some time to relax and keep your stress levels as low as possible. Increase in adrenalin and cortisol will lead to a decrease in sperm count and health.
5. Think about this for a sec ...
your sperm contain the DNA of your potential future children.........
If your sperm doesn't have the correct nutrients it will most likely lead to
"substandard" DNA. Feed yourself with nutrient dense food which will increase sperm count, morphology and mobility. Include foods rich in zinc, selenium, vitamin c, and Lycopene.
6. Your testicles are outside of your body for a reason. Sperm are temperature sensitive. Overheated sperm will denature leading to a decreased sperm count. So limit excessively HOT baths and soaking and make sure your underwear are not to tight.
7. Protect your ... jewels. Injury to your testes may lead to poor sperm production. Long distance cycling is a big cause of testicular injury.
Naturopathic Health Care Centre